Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
This slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe is every bit as easy as it is delicious. It’s a truly set it and forget it recipe that only requires a few simple ingredients, chicken and a crock pot. The end result is a tasty, healthy and family friendly weeknight dinner or meal for meal prep for the week!
- Crock Pot
- Rice Cooker
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced in bite size pieces
- 1 medium diced white onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk, full-fat
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour dissolved with water to thicken
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1. Add the diced chicken and diced onion into the slow cooker with all of the ingredients except for the coconut milk, arrowroot and cilantro. Stir to combine the spices with the broth and to coat the diced chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- 3. When the chicken is cooked, add in the coconut milk and stir to combine. If you’d like the sauce to be thicker, you can add the arrowroot dissolved in a tiny bit of water to thicken.
- 4. Turn down to low and place the cover back on. Let sit for an additional 10-15 minutes to heat the coconut milk. Serve with chopped cilantro, and over rice..
Serve with cauliflower rice (instead of Jasmine or long grain rice) for whole30, paleo, keto, dairy-free, and/or gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!