Flourless Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins by Flavor the Moments
Flourless Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins are healthy, gluten-free carrot muffins that are tender and fluffy, made with oat flour and no refined sugar!
- standard muffin pan
- paper liners
- Measuring Cup for liquid
- Measuring Cups for Dry Ingredients
- measuring spoons
- Cooling Baking Rack
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups grated carrot 3 medium carrots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2. Grate your carrots by hand right into a measuring cup, or process in a food processor. This can be done in advance!
- 3. Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and if it’s solid, melt in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- 4. Whisk in the coconut sugar, then add the eggs and whisk vigorously until frothy.
- 5. Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until incorporated.
- 6. Pour the oat flour over the top of the wet ingredients, and sprinkle over the baking powder, spices, baking soda and salt. Stir gently until almost combined, being careful not to over mix, then fold in the carrot and coconut.
- 7. Divide the batter between the (12) muffin cavities and top with walnut pieces.
- 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the top of the muffin springs back when pressed gently.
- 9. Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!