Italian Sesame Cookies
Crispy, delicious and traditional Italian sesame seed cookies. Also known as Biscotti Regina. Perfect for Coffee time, Christmastime or anytime! Makes about 25 cookies.
- baking sheet
- hand whisk
- parchment paper
- airtight storage containers
- ½ cup Sesame Seeds 1 cup Plain Flour 1 tsp Baking Powder ⅛ tsp Salt ¼ cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- ¼ cup Sugar 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 tbsp Milk approx.
- 1. Dry roast the sesame seeds until they are a light brown color. Let them cool and set aside.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- 4. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder and keep it aside.
- 5. Whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- 6. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine well.
- 7. Add milk little by little and make a soft dough.
- 8. Divide the dough into 25 small 2" long cookies and roll them in the toasted sesame seeds.
- 9. Place them on the lined baking sheet spacing about 1 inch apart.
- 10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the bottoms are browned.
- 11. Let them cool completely and store in an airtight con
Ovens may vary, please keep an eye on your cookies so they don't burn or are under-cooked.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!