Make your falafel green, healthier and more nutritious, by adding kale! Serve kale falafel in a pita, on a salad, in a wrap, or over couscous.
- food processor
- large pan
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Add the kale, chickpeas, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse.
- 2. Add the flour and pulse again. The mixture should stick together rather easily. If not, add more flour..
- 3. With the falafel mixture, form about 8 little patties and dip them in sesame seeds.
- 4. Heat a large pan with the canola oil (the bottom should be coated) and add in the falafel once the oil is hot. Let them pan-fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
You can replace the all-purpose flour with chickpea flour to make them gluten-free.
Calories: 26kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.3gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 145mgPotassium: 5mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 0.1IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!