Milk Bun Recipe
These cloud soft homemade milk buns are sweet, fluffy and perfect for every meal and holidays.
- mixing bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Dough Hook
- 9-inch Square Baking Pan
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- Preheat oven 310°F (155°C).
- 1. Add bread flour, sugar, yeast, salt, milk and heavy whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Combine well with a spatula.
- 2. Using a dough hook, knead the dough with a stand mixer on medium-high speed for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- 3. Add softened butter and constantly knead the dough at the same pace for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 4. Cover the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size in a warm area.
- 5. Transfer the dough to a floured surface, gently press the dough to release the air from it.
- 6. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and round each piece into a smooth ball.
- 7. Use a 9-inch square baking pan, place each dough onto the pan, half-inch apart.
- 8. Lightly cover the dough with plastic wrap and rise for 30 minutes until puffy.
- 9. Prepare the powdered sugar and milk powder mixture by combining the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- 10. Dust the risen dough with sugar and milk powder mixture on top, and bake it for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 11. Remove the bread from the oven. Dust the Japanese milk buns with more sugar and milk powder mixture. Enjoy!
The softest dinner rolls you’ll ever make.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!