Roasted Carrot Soup
Roasted Carrot Soup is a sweet, savory, and silky smooth soup that is vegan and gluten free too! This simple and delicious soup is ready in about an hour, and so tasty.
- Dutch Oven
- soup bowls
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- lemon juice to desired taste
- croutons for garnish
- basil for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- 3. Spread the carrot on the sheet pan, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Roast for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway through, until the carrots can be easily pierced with a fork.
- 5. In a dutch oven or saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
- 6. Add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- 7. Add the coriander, cumin and paprika and cook for 30 more seconds.
- 8. Add the roasted carrots, and cover with vegetable stock. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9. Transfer the mixture to a blender, add lemon juice, and season with more salt if desired. Blend until smooth.
- 10. Serve immediately in bowls with croutons, and fresh basil.
This soup freezes really well, since there’s no dairy in it. Freeze for up to 6 months. To reheat from frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight first.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!